Known as one of the top rated tourist attractions in the USA, the Grand Canyon should be on everyone’s bucket list! So if you’re looking to learn more then you’re in the right place. Below I’ve curated a bumper list of Grand Canyon quotes that are guaranteed to have you booking your next trip to this iconic spot. Not only can you use these quotes about the Grand Canyon to inspire your vacation to Arizona, but they are also perfect for those looking for Grand Canyon Captions for Instagram!
Whilst in Arizona, you might also like to check out:
- Best Arizona Quotes for your Copper State Adventure
- Best Airbnb Cabin Rentals in Arizona
- The Best Airbnbs in Sedona
- Top Cabin Rentals in Flagstaff AZ
- Most Stylish Airbnbs in Scottsdale
- Best National Park Captions for Instagram
- Best Hiking Quotes for Instagram
- Top Mountain Captions to Inspire You
- Beautiful Nature Quotes about the Outdoors
Funny Grand Canyon Quotes for Instagram
We’re having a Grand old time!
The Grand Canyon opens up before your very rise.
Flying over the Grand Canyon is a heli lot of fun!
I can’t help feeling sedimental looking at these views.
You can’t deny this view is gorge-ous.
Leaving the Grand Canyon has me feeling vista-ful.
Funny Grand Canyon Captions for Instagram
Ain’t no caption grand enough to capture this view.
“What’s life but one grand adventure?”
Never take Mother Nature for granite.
Don’t tell me too much about the Grand Canyon — I just want the cliff notes.
I shouted into the canyon in hopes of hearing my echo…it was a resounding success.
Grand Canyon Puns Captions
Canyon feel the love tonight?
You’re in fine landform today.
Steep a cool head at the Grand Canyon and don’t look down!
I’m rocking my brains for the last time I saw something this beautiful.
Have you camped in the Grand Canyon? It’s in-tents.
The Grand Canyon: it’ll knock your rocks off.
Funny Grand Canyon Instagram Captions Puns
I canyon-ly imagine.
Yes we canyon.
Canyon dig it?
The Grand Canyon is just gorge-ous.
These views are beautiful as far as the eye canyon see
There’s a lot I could say about the Grand Canyon, but it all seems too deep
Famous Quotes about the Grand Canyon
“Crying – acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon” – Ron Swanson, Parks & Rec
“Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal” – George Will
“The wonders of the Grand Canyon cannot be adequately represented in symbols of speech, nor by speech itself.” – John Wesley Powell
“If there is a point to being in the canyon, it is not to rush but to linger, suspended in a blue-and-amber haze of in-between-ness, for as long as one possibly can. To float, to drift, savoring the pulse of the river on its odyssey through the canyon, and above all, to postpone the unwelcome and distinctly unpleasant moment when one is forced to reemerge and reenter the world beyond the rim-that is the paramount goal.” – Kevin Fedarko
“The really wonderful moments of joy in this world are not the moments of self-satisfaction, but self-forgetfulness. Standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon and contemplating your own greatness is pathological. At such moments we are made for a magnificent joy that comes from outside ourselves.” – John Piper
Instagram Captions for Grand Canyon
“The Grand Canyon is carven deep by the master hand; it is the gulf of silence, widened in the desert; it is all time inscribing the rock; it is the book of earth.” – Donald C. Peattie
“I can still remember my first experience of standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon and looking into it. It was so awesome, it took a fair amount of restraint to prevent me from jumping into it, because I was certain I could fly” – Mark Goulston
“With what you don’t know about me, I could just about fill the Grand Canyon.” – Kevin Smith
“We are all starved for the glory of God, not self. No one goes to the Grand Canyon to increase self-esteem. Why do we go? Because there is greater healing for the soul in beholding splendor than there is in beholding self.” – John Piper
“The glories and the beauties of form, color, and sound unite in the Grand Canyon – forms unrivaled even by the mountains, colors that vie with sunsets, and sounds that span the diapason from tempest to tinkling raindrop, from cataract to bubbling fountain.” – John Wesley Powell
“The astonishing sense of connection with that river and canyon caught me completely unaware, and in a breath I understood the intense, protective loyalty so many people feel for the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. It has to do with truth and beauty and love of this earth, the artifacts of a lifetime and the descant of a canyon wren at dawn.” – Ann Zwinger
Instagram Quotes about Grand Canyon National Park
“The Grand Canyon is living evidence of the power of water over a period of time. The power may not manifest immediately. Water can be very powerful, like a tidal wave” – Frederick Lenz
“There’s not a single person in Arizona today who would say the Grand Canyon was a mistake” – Stewart Udall
“If you are working, almost like with layers of the Grand Canyon, there’s history within those layers.” – Leonardo Drew
“Occasionally we glimpse the South Rim, four or five thousand feet above. From the rims the canyon seems oceanic; at the surface of the river the feeling is intimate.” – Barry López
“The elements that unite to make the Grand Canyon the most sublime spectacle in nature are multifarious and exceedingly diverse.” – John Wesley Powell
“I don’t believe that anyone can see the Grand Canyon area for themselves and not know that we have to do everything we can to protect it for future generations.” – Nolan Gould
Best Grand Canyon Slogans
“I believe in science and evolution. I’ve been to the Grand Canyon” – Bill Walton
“When visiting the Grand Canyon, make sure you hike into the canyon. And be careful not to fall or step in mule poop.” – McKenna Shay
“It is a spectacular illusion – a deeply three-dimensional scene flattened onto an earthly canvas.” – Stefanie Payne
“I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.” – John McCain
“You cannot see the Grand Canyon in one view, as if it were a changeless spectacle from which a curtain might be lifted, but to see it you have to toil from month to month through its labyrinths.” – John Wesley Powell
“What can be more soul shaking than peering through a 100-inch telescope at a distant galaxy, holding a 100-million-year-old fossil or a 500,000-year-old stone tool in one’s hand, standing before the immense chasm of space and time that is the Grand Canyon, or listening to a scientist who gazed upon the face of the universe’s creation and did not blink?” – Michael Shermer
Inspiring Captions for the Grand Canyon
“There will never be a photograph of the Grand Canyon that can adequately describe its depth, breadth, and true beauty” – Stefanie Payne
“It’s not at all naturally human to see something like the Grand Canyon as beautiful.” – David Roberts
“It’s like trying to describe what you feel when you’re standing on the rim of the Grand Canyon or remembering your first love or the birth of your child. You have to be there to really know what it’s like” – Jack Schmitt
“In the Grand Canyon, Arizona has a natural wonder which is in kind absolutely unparalleled throughout the rest of the world” – Theodore Roosevelt
“Beautiful doesn’t begin to describe it. A flower is beautiful. But this is beautiful the way that a person is beautiful- terrifying with its jagged edges, yet seductive with its crevices that hide so many secrets.” – Jeri Smith-Ready
“Well, once you’ve been in the Canyon and once you’ve sort of fallen in love with it, it never ends…it’s always been a fascinating place to me, in fact I’ve often said that if I ever had a mistress it would be the Grand Canyon.” – Barry Goldwater
That’s over 50 Grand Canyon Caption Ideas
That’s the end of my bumper list, so I hope you’ve managed to find the perfect Grand Canyon quote.
I’d love to know which one is your favorite, and if I’ve missed any awesome quotes about Grand Canyon then please let me know in the comments below.
Planning a Trip to the Grand Canyon?
If you want to read more, check out some of my most popular related posts:
- Arizona Captions and Quotes
- Best Airbnb Cabin Rentals in Arizona
- Best Flagstaff Airbnb Cabin Rentals
- Top Airbnbs in Sedona Arizona
- Best Places to Stay in Scottsdale AZ
- Top Hiking Quotes for Adventurers
- Best Mountain Quotes for Nature Lovers
- Beautiful Waterfall Quotes to Inspire you
- Inspirational Quotes About the Great Outdoors
- Quotes about Exploration that Will Spark Your Wanderlust
- Sunrise Captions That Will Make You An Early Riser
- Summer captions to make you smile
- Road Trip Quotes Guaranteed to Fuel Your Wanderlust
- Sunset Captions for Instagram
- Chicago Quotes and Sayings
- Las Vegas Quotes for Instagram
- Hawaii Captions and Quotes
- Miami Captions and Sayings
- Best Florida Captions and Quotes for Instagram
- Best Boston Quotes and Sayings
- Colorado Captions for Instagram
- Alabama Sayings for Instagram
- Quotes about New Orleans
- Best Quotes about Atlanta
- Nashville Sayings for Instagram
- Best Seattle Captions for Instagram
- Best Canada Captions for Instagram
- Texas Quotes and Instagram Captions
- Best Ohio Quotes and Captions
- Best Alaska Instagram Sayings
- Best Statue of Liberty Instagram Quotes
- Brooklyn Bridge Quotes and Captions
- Best New York Quotes and Sayings
- Best Insta Captions for New Jersey
- Best 4th of July Sayings for Instagram
- Charleston Quotes and Captions
- Beautiful San Francisco Captions
- Los Angeles Sayings, Captions and Quotes
- California Quotes and Sayings
- San Diego Sayings and Quotes
- Best Philadelphia Instagram Sayings
- Best Utah Instagram Captions
- Best Washington DC Instagram Captions
- Vermont Quotes for Instagram
- Oregon Quotes, Sayings and Captions
- Michigan Captions and Sayings
- Kentucky Insta Captions and Quotes
- Best Maine Quotes and Captions
- Best Instagram Captions for Montana
- Yosemite Sayings and Instagram Captions
- Best John Muir Quotes
- Best National Park Captions for Instagram
- Best Yellowstone National Park Quotes for Instagram
- Best Puerto Rican Captions
- If you like Quotes and Captions check out my Pinterest board