Known for its intense desert heat, red rock mountains and the impressive Grand Canyon, the state of Arizona is an outdoor enthusiasts haven. So if you’re looking to learn more about the Copper state then you’re in the right place. Below I’ve curated a bumper list of Arizona quotes. Not only can you use these quotes about Arizona to inspire your next vacation, but they are also perfect for those looking for Arizona captions for Instagram!
Whilst in Arizona, you might also like to check out:
- The Best Airbnbs in Sedona
- Top Cabin Rentals in Flagstaff AZ
- Most Stylish Airbnbs in Scottsdale
- Best Airbnb Cabin Rentals in Arizona
- Best Grand Canyon Instagram Captions
- Best Hiking Quotes for Instagram
- Beautiful Nature Quotes about the Outdoors
Best Arizona Quotes for Instagram
There are plenty of quotes, captions and sayings about Arizona, but I will start with nicknames, mottos, slogans and puns that are great one liners about the state of Arizona. They also double up as great Instagram captions for Arizona pictures.
Arizona State Nicknames
The Copper State
The Grand Canyon State
Italy of America
The Sand Hill State
The Aztec State
The Apache State
The Baby State
The Sunset State
Arizona: Sweetheart State
Arizona: Yes, but It’s a Dry Heat
Get your Kicks on Route 66
Arizona: because someone has to be 49th in everything
A rich man’s New Mexico
Arizona: Right of California
Soon to Be the Pacific Coast State
So Hot You’ll Forget How Sweltering It Is
Any boredom you might have will evaporate in the heat
“Arizona’s vale of mountain-temples” – Robert Haven Schauffler
Myth Becomes Reality in Arizona
If you can’t stand the heat, get out of Arizona
Arizona: Keeping the Supreme Court Alive
We put the AZ in Crazy
No. 1 in our hearts, No. 50 in everything else
Arizona: At least we’re not Alabama
Being this hot has never been so cool
Temperatures higher than test scores
Arizona: Fry Us for Your Next Vacation
What do vegans in Arizona eat? Tempe.
At least here, the weather is Tempe-rate
Stop Mesa‘n around!
Arizona, Yuma favorite state.
Arizona, we’re always on the same Page.
In Arizona, you’ll find everything from A to Z.
It’s Friday night and I’m Phoenix fine
More Puns about Arizona
I can’t stand to see you go, so I’ll just do The Wave
Let’s Ant-elope Canyon away
Don’t get Bend out of shape!
I hope you Havasu-per time at Havasu Falls
I can’t wait to meteor you, Arizona
Dam it, Arizona, you’re too pretty!
You’re one in Ver-milion
Nice to Mead you, Arizona
I didn’t sleep well last night — you were Sonora‘n
Saguaro is another day.
I like big Buttes and I cannot lie
Grand Canyon Puns
Here are some of my favorite Grand Canyon one liners, but if you need more check out these Grand Canyon captions for Instagram.
There’s a lot I could say about the Grand Canyon, but it all seems too deep
I canyon-ly imagine.
Yes we canyon.
Canyon feel the love tonight?
Canyon dig it?
The Grand Canyon is just gorge-ous.
These views are beautiful as far as the eye canyon see
The Grand Canyon opens up before your very rise.
We’re having a Grand old time!
Flying over the Grand Canyon is a heli lot of fun!
I shouted into the canyon in hopes of hearing my echo…it was a resounding success.
More Funny Grand Canyon Slogans
Don’t tell me too much about the Grand Canyon — I just want the cliff notes.
I can’t help feeling sedimental looking at these views.
You can’t deny this view is gorge-ous.
Leaving the Grand Canyon has me feeling vista-ful.
Ain’t no caption grand enough to capture this view.
You’re in fine landform today.
Steep a cool head at the Grand Canyon and don’t look down!
I’m rocking my brains for the last time I saw something this beautiful.
Have you camped in the Grand Canyon? It’s in-tents.
The Grand Canyon: it’ll knock your rocks off.
Never take Mother Nature for granite.
Arizona Desert Puns
Arizona? More like Arid-zona
Arizona: serving you just deserts.
Ever since I got back from Arizona, all I’m serving is dry humor
Arizona, I’ll never desert you
Arizona prickles my fancy
Arizona, I’m glad I pricked you
Sedona Quotes for Instagram
Here are some of the best Sedona Arizona Instagram captions:
This view is too beautiful — you may want to Sedona
Arizona Captions about its Beauty
“Nowhere on this planet is the desert as fascinating as it is in Arizona.” – Joseph Stacey
“Arizona is gorgeous. The sunshine in Arizona is gorgeous red.” – Cecilia Bartoli
“Then the wind blew cool through the pinyons on the rim. There was a sweet tang of cedar and sage on the air and that indefinable fragrance peculiar to the canyon country of Arizona.” – Zane Grey
“Arizona, our beautiful state, was built on mining” – Jan Brewer
Funny Quotes about the Arizona Heat
“You know you’re from Arizona when you feed your chickens ice cubes to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.” – Unknown
“Arizona changes its state motto to ‘wow, it’s hot’.” – Greg Proops
“I hate Arizona. It’s always eight hundred degrees outside and everybody’s always saying, ‘but it’s a dry heat!’ so’s the inside of my microwave” – Joan Rivers
“You know you’re from Arizona when you drive two miles around a parking lot looking for a shady place – even in winter.” – Unknown
“Welcome to Arizona, where summer spends the winter and hell spends the summer.” – Unknown
Funny Arizona Quotes
“In Arizona we salt margaritas, not sidewalks.” – Unknown
“You know you’re an Arizona native, when a rainy day puts you in a good mood.” – Marshall Trimble
“In Arizona, shade trees are your best friends and occasionally the basis of small civil wars over parking.” – Terri Guillemets
“Arizona…a land where a good spring is far better than a gold mine.” – E.E.A
Arizona Instagram Captions
“You know you’re an Arizona native, when in your heart you’re sure that at the end of the rainbow there is not a pot of gold but a good Mexican restaurant.” – James W. Cook
“Almost everyone in the world knows something about arizona, and some of it is even true.” – Jim Turner
“The Arizona desert takes hold of a man’s mind and shakes it.” – David W. Toll
“Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal.” – George Will
“Even the plants in Arizona wanted to hurt you.” – Janette Rallison
“Arizona may be the only state in America where mothers don’t tell their children that someday they can grow up and be president.” – John McCain
“Arizona is a great place to be a radiation researcher.” – Steven Magee
“You know you’re an Arizona native when you take rain dances seriously.” – Skip Boyer
“In the empire of desert, water is the King and shadow is the Queen.” – Mehmet Murat İldan
“If there’s one thing Arizona is best in the nation at, it’s water.” – Doug Ducey
“You know you’re an Arizona native when you hug a cactus only once in your lifetime.” – Nancy Dedera
Phoenix Instagram Captions
Here are some of my favorite Phoenix quotes for Instagram:
“Let’s pack up and catch us a slow train, and go back to Phoenix to a far brighter day.” – Waylon Jennings
“You know you live in Phoenix when the cold-water faucet is hotter than the hot-water faucet.” – Unknown
You know you live in Phoenix when the four seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and are you freakin’ kidding me?
Horseshoe Bend Instagram Captions
Horseshoe bend was just gorge-ous
Living life on the edge
Don’t get Bend out of shape!
Horseshoe bend is absolutely view-tiful
I wanted to be edgy
Grand Canyon Quotes
“It’s like trying to describe what you feel when you’re standing on the rim of the Grand Canyon or remembering your first love or the birth of your child. You have to be there to really know what it’s like” – Jack Schmitt
“There will never be a photograph of the Grand Canyon that can adequately describe its depth, breadth, and true beauty” – Stefanie Payne
“The Grand Canyon is living evidence of the power of water over a period of time. The power may not manifest immediately. Water can be very powerful, like a tidal wave” – Frederick Lenz
“In the Grand Canyon, Arizona has a natural wonder which is in kind absolutely unparalleled throughout the rest of the world” – Theodore Roosevelt
More Grand Canyon Captions Instagram
“There’s not a single person in Arizona today who would say the Grand Canyon was a mistake” – Stewart Udall
“I can still remember my first experience of standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon and looking into it. It was so awesome, it took a fair amount of restraint to prevent me from jumping into it, because I was certain I could fly” – Mark Goulston
“Crying – acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon” – Ron Swanson, Parks & Rec
“Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal” – George Will
That’s the Best Quotes about Arizona
That’s the end of my bumper list, so I hope you’ve managed to find the perfect Arizona quote or Sedona caption.
I’d love to know which one is your favorite, and if I’ve missed any awesome quotes about Arizona then please let me know in the comments below.
As an added bonus I’ve included a FREE PDF of all these quotes about Arizona so you can keep them handy, or you can bookmark this page or save it to Pinterest if you prefer.
Planning a Trip to Arizona?
If you want to read more, check out some of my most popular related posts:
- Best Airbnbs in Scottsdale Arizona
- Top Cabin Rentals in Flagstaff AZ
- Top Airbnbs to Stay in Sedona Arizona
- Best Airbnb Cabin Rentals in Arizona
- Best Instagram Captions about the Grand Canyon
- Dreamy Stays in Asheville North Carolina
- Best Places to Stay in Palm Springs California
- Top Winter Cabin Stays in Lake Tahoe
- 20 Amazing Airbnbs in Joshua Tree
- Beautiful Airbnbs in Denver Colorado
- Best Colorado Quotes
- Best Ohio Quotes and Sayings
- Top Alabama Captions for Instagram
- Chicago Quotes and Sayings
- Best Cabins with Hot Tubs in Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains
- Top Hiking Quotes for Adventurers
- Best Mountain Quotes for Nature Lovers
- Beautiful Waterfall Quotes to Inspire you
- Inspirational Quotes About the Great Outdoors
- Quotes about Exploration that Will Spark Your Wanderlust
- Sunrise Captions That Will Make You An Early Riser
- Best Las Vegas Quotes and Captions
- Best Boston Quotes for Instagram
- Best Utah Puns and Quotes
- Best Travel Quotes for Solo Travelers
- Road Trip Quotes Guaranteed to Fuel Your Wanderlust
- Quotes about Traveling with Friends
- Best 4th of July Captions for Instagram
- Vermont Quotes for Instagram
- Oregon Quotes, Sayings and Captions
- Michigan Captions and Sayings
- Hawaii Quotes and Sayings
- Texan Sayings and Quotes
- Top Canada Instagram Captions
- Best New York Quotes for Instagram
- Best Brooklyn Captions for Instagram
- Best New Jersey Sayings
- Top New Orleans Captions and Quotes
- Best Captions for the Statue of Liberty
- Top Alaska Quotes and Puns
- Top Seattle Captions for Instagram
- Best Insta Captions for Washington DC
- Top Quotes and Captions for Kentucky
- Top Philly Captions for Instagram
- Best Florida Captions for Instagram
- Best Atlanta Captions
- Charleston Quotes for Instagram
- Nashville Captions for Insta
- Amazing San Francisco Sayings
- Best San Diego Sayings and Quotes
- Los Angeles Sayings, Captions and Quotes
- Best California Quotes and Captions
- Yosemite Sayings and Instagram Captions
- Best John Muir Quotes
- Best National Park Captions for Instagram
- Best Miami Quotes for Instagram
- Best Maine Quotes and Captions
- Best Montana Quotes for Instagram
- Sunset Captions for Instagram
- Best Puerto Rico Instagram Captions
- If you like Quotes and Captions check out my Pinterest board