Looking for a laugh? Check out this bumper collection of the funniest and most relatable travel quotes out there.
Designed to put a smile on your face and inspire your next travel adventure, these funny travel quotes will banish boredom and keep you entertained whilst you wait for your next trip to roll around. They are created to be shared, so make sure you send your favourite ones onto your friends or download them in the FREE pdf at the bottom of the post!
Fun Quotes About Traveling When You’re Broke
- Stuck somewhere between “I need to save” and “you only live once”.
- Friend: Let’s go to Bora Bora. Me: Man, I wanna go, but I’m pora pora.
- My favourite childhood memory is my parents paying for my holidays.
- When you’re trying to save money for a house, but end up with a one-way ticket to some tropical island.
- Me before vacation: “I’m going to be responsible with my money. This is a low budget trip. I’m gonna stay in a hostel and everything.”Me on vacation: *orders fancy drinks, rides a jetski, goes skydiving, buys souvenirs for the uncle’s new girlfriend and adopts an alpaca.*
- I need a reasonably paid job. Something like $2000 an hour. Nothing too wild…
- Me: “I want to travel more”, the bank account: “Like, to the park?”
- If traveling was free, BYE!
- I wish that road trips could pay my bills.
Funny Travel Instagram Captions
- At the end of the day…I’d rather like to have a lot of stories to tell, than a full bank account.
- I wish I was a postcard. For under $2 you can travel the world to any location in the world.
- Do you ever stress about money and then accidentally book another flight?
- I wish travel therapy was covered by my health insurance.
- Backpacking is money spent on Education.
- Bank account nice and empty. Starting the new year on a clean slate.
- How can people my age plan spontaneous trips to Thailand, I can barely afford a spontaneous soft pretzel.
- I love when people say “just quit your job and travel.” Taking an Uber from the bar to my home is the only travel I can afford.
Funny Travel Captions For When You’re At Work
- Go to work. Open computer. Scroll for plane tickets for 6 hours. Close computer. Go home.
- I need a vacation so long, I forget all my passwords!
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on a plane. Never return.
- Yeah, working is great…but have you tried travelling.
- There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation.
Funny Holiday Quotes
- Physically I’m here. Mentally I’m in a pool in Bali ordering my third mojito.
- Ironing boards are surfboards that gave up their dreams and got a boring job. Don’t be an ironing board.
- Life is short. Call in sick and book that last minute flight.
- I feel like most of my work problems could be solved with a trip to…anywhere.
- I googled my symptoms. Turns out I just needed to go on a vacay.
- I’m getting tired of waking up and not being at the beach.
Travel Quotes About Funny But True Life Priorities
- Everyone is pregnant, engaged or getting married. I just wanna lose weight and travel.
- Forget champagne and caviar – Taste the world instead
- I travel a lot, I hate having my life disrupted by routine
- I just want to travel the world, overspend at IKEA and drink coffee while cuddling puppies.
- Friend 1: I’m getting a house. Friend 2: I’m having a baby. Friend 3: I’m getting married Me: I’m headed to the airport.
Holiday Quotes Funny
- People having babies…and I’m like: What country am I going to next?
- I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just want a paycheck to buy plane tickets.
- I don’t want a house. I just want to travel and pet a lot of dogs.
- Screw the caviar, I want to travel the world!
- Reality called, so I hung up.
Funny Quotes For Vacation Obsessed Globetrotters
- I need 6 months of vacation. Twice a year.
- I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m headed to the airport.
- I’ve got 99 problems. But I’m on vacation so I’m ignoring them all!
- “You can’t buy happiness” Okay, explain travel then…
- It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.
- Travsessed (n.) An obsession with travel. When all you talk or think about is your past or future trips
- Good things come to those, who book flights.
Vacation Quotes Funny
- I heard an airplane passing overhead. I wished I was on it.
- Tripophobia (n.) The fear of not having any travel trips currently booked.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plane tickets, which is kind of the same thing.
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas and take your next trip in kilometers.
- A coconut a day keeps the doctor away.
- “Be strong”, I whisper to my WiFi signal
- Jetlag is for amateurs
Funny Vacation Captions You Can Relate To
- My parents complain I travel too much. I mean, I could be a drug addict, do they realize how lucky they are?
- A plane ticket is the answer. Who cares what the question is.
- Don’t speak the language. Already said 3 times “what”. Now just smile and nod and hope for the best.
- Me travelling. Person: “Un Cafe?” Me: “Oui” Person: “Sucre” Me: “Non” Person: “You speak very good french” Me: “Gracias”
- You’ve never felt true fear until your passport isn’t where you think you left it.
- Have you ever stopped to think, maybe travel is addicted to me?
- Education is important. But travel is importanter!
Travel Captions Funny
- If anyone is Christmas shopping for me, I wear a size 7-day Caribbean cruise.
- Me thinking about how many flights I can book for the cost of a new iPhone 11 Pro.
- Europeans: I drove 40 minutes to spend the weekend in Paris, then popped to Germany to visit family on the way home. Australians: I was in Queensland and drove for 18 hours. Now I’m still in Queensland.
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m going. Are you coming with me?
- That moment when you’re asked where you got something and you answer with the name of the country, not the name of the store.
- Travelling is like a chocolate box. Don’t matter what you get. All is good.
Funny Quotes On Travel And Love
- Girls don’t wait for the prince anymore, they pack and travel the world.
- All you need is
- I followed my heart and it led me to the airport.
- If you had to choose between true love or travelling the world, which country would you visit first?
- All I want for Christmas is
Travel Funny Quotes
- Imagine falling in love with someone and then finding out they clap their hands when the plane lands.
- Some people spend their life searching for “the one”. I’m just searching for the one good travel deal.
- I’ve got a crush on the world.
- I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel magazine!
Funny Travel Memes About The Life Goals Of A Traveller
- Birds literally just eat, travel, and shit on things they don’t like. I don’t know about you, but that’s the lifestyle I’m striving for.
- By 35, if I’m not engaged or already starting a family, I declare myself the aunt who’s always travelling & comes to family events tipsy.
- High five if you don’t know what you’re doing with your life and just want to travel the world.
- I want to live in the world where searching for plane tickets burns calories.
- Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should be on the beach drinking Margaritas.
- Be afraid. And do it anyway.
- Can we just skip to the part in my life where I travel the world?
Short Funny Travel Quotes
- I just need a large coffee, a plane ticket and a bag full of cash.
- Getting out of bed would be 10x easier if there was a Caribbean ocean and 30 degree weather waiting outside for you.
- I love those days when my only decision is whether to go to the beach in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Live a life you don’t need a vacation from.
- Work hard. Travel harder.
- I need a holiday. And by “holiday” I mean I need to move away and find a job. On the beach. With cocktails.
- The temptation to go to the airport, buy a one-way ticket, leave the country and live on my own has never been so real.
- Ladies, imagine this. It’s 15 years from now, and you have no kids. You’re the cool wine aunt that occasionally comes back to the country for a brief visit before leaving for another long exotic vacation. You have no commitments, and a suspicious amount of money.
Funny Vacation Quotes About Packing
- Packs 2 hours before leaving for a trip. Unpacks 3 months after coming home.
- Going on a trip. Need about 5 outfits. I’ve packed 35 just to be safe.
- Me: triple checked packing list Also me: *forgets underwear, contact solution, and favourite chapstick*.
- Watches Netflix happily. Remembers you need to pack. Watches Netflix stressfully.
- Me: I’m not going to overpack this time. Inner me: I need this. I will need that as well. I need everything.
- Procrastapacking (n.) the act of thinking about packing a suitcase instead of actually doing it.
- Overpack. It’s why suitcases have wheels now.
- I haven’t worn these trousers since I bought them. I should definitely pack them for my 3 day vacation. Just in case.
- So, do I live out of a suitcase for the next month? Do I unpack just to repack again? Do I put my toothbrush back in the bathroom? I’m a visitor in my own house what the heck.
- My favourite thing to pack on trips are all the clothes I never wear at home and then find fun, flirty and exciting ways to not wear them while I’m away.
- Normal life: Wears the same top every day for a week. Packing for 3-day vacation: I’ll probably change a few times a day so I’ll take 21 tops.
- I have been to almost as many places as my luggage.
- Me getting ready for vacation: manicure and pedicure, buy new Sephora products, spray tan, get waxed, get hair done, work out for a month, live off kale and veggies, try on 30K swimsuits and cry in dressing rooms. Husband getting ready for vacation: packs a bathing suit, flip-flops, a T-shirt, and calls it a day.
Funny Travel Captions About Airports
- Running to the gate is my cardio.
- Airports: the only place where drinking 8 AM is socially acceptable.
- The airport is a lawless place. 7 am? Drink a beer. Tired? Sleep on the floor. Hungry? Chips now cost 17$.
- A passport holder sounds like a great idea until you get to the airport and have to remove it 4 billion times.
- Worrying you’ve accidentally packed 3 kilos of cocaine and a dead goat as you walk through “nothing to declare” at the airport.
- I love those days when my only decision is window or aisle.
- “Be right back…” Just running away from Monday and going straight to the airport.
Traveling Quotes That Are Funny
- If you look like your passport picture, you probably need a trip.
- Vacation calories don’t count, right?
- What’s that medical condition called where you constantly need to have a trip booked?
- Should I book another flight to go abroad? Brain: no. Wallet: no. Mom: no. Dog: no. Universe: no…I think I’m gonna book the flight.
- You can’t make everyone happy. You are not a plane ticket.
- TIP: You won’t get the holiday blues if you just keep booking holidays.
- You know it’s time for a vacation when you start looking like the person on your driving license…
- In desperate need of a full body massage, 4 days of sleep and a ticket to the Bahamas.
- Can’t decide if I need a hug, an XL coffee, 6 shots of vodka, or 2 months of travel.
- Travitude (n.) when you start to feel grumpy and sassy because you haven’t travelled in a while.
- My mom watches a special type of news program that only reports on horrible incidents happening in places I’m about to visit.
That’s 120 Funny Travel Quotes
That’s a wrap on my hand picked selection of the best funny travel quotes and witty puns out there. I hope they’ve entertained you and brought a smile to your face. If so, I’d love to know which of these funny travel quotes were your favourites and if you know of any more I need to add to this list please comment below!
If you want to send these funny travel quotes to a friend, use the share buttons on the side or download this free pdf and email it to them.
Remember, if you loved these funny travel quotes and want more inspiration and motivation check out the other travel captions and quotes I’ve compiled:
- Travel with Friends Quotes
- Solo Travel Quotes
- Summer Captions for Instagram
- London Quotes
- Road Trip Quotes
- Sunrise Captions for Instagram
- Mountain Quotes
- Beach Quotes
- Hiking Quotes
- Outdoor Quotes
- Quotes about Exploration
- Waterfall Quotes
- Sunset Captions for Instagram
- Miami Quotes
- California Instagram Captions
- Arizona Quotes
- If you prefer visuals check out my Pinterest Travel Quotes board